Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 4.1.1

Abu Abdulla alhanbali montaqa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 05:21:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm upgrading my DHCP servers (failover pair) from 3.1.0 to a newer version
4.1.1, I want to check some points:

- Can I compile the newer version while running the current server (to
reduce the outage time).
- My upgrade procedure will be as follow:
   - Stop the secondary server and copy the lease file
   - Start the new version in the secondary while the primary is still
running with the old version. i think the failover protocol is still the
same in these two versions.
   - Stop the primary server and restart it again with the new version.

another question, i tried to run two instances using different local-port
(in the dhcpd.conf) on the same interface but failed. is there a way to run
two servers on the same interface IP on different UDP port?

Thanks