Granting lease based on the result of an external script

Gururaja Nittur gnittur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:46:46 UTC 2010

DHCP Experts,

I am using ISC DHCP V3.0.1rc14 in our server. I have a requirement to
validate a
special option sent by the client at runtime and grant the lease only
if my validation goes through.
Validation itself is a bit involved and I want to do this in a external script.

I explored the execute() statement and thought that would be useful.
This allows me to execute
my external script, but I cannot check the return value (As this is
not an expression). is there
any way to capture 'execute' output or return value?

If not, any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Guru