Router woes, need help with static IPs

Kyle McDonald kmcdonald at egenera.com
Thu Feb 25 18:03:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have several WRT54gs's also (not sure if I have a v5 though.)

If you can (and some versions can't - others can but have limits, and
most will just work,) I would download and flash your router with the
DD-WRT replacement firmware which will add all sorts of features to your
router, one of which is the ability to assign static DHCP addresses.

I use it for all my machiens at home. I couldn't live with out it.

You can get it at:
www.dd-wrt.com

Just click the top box under support, and look up your router, then
download what it suggests.