*Revised*DHCP Problem?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 08:01:18 UTC 2010

Chris Arnold wrote:

>My 124 subnet clients get an ip but are unable to reach the
>internet. Even when i staticly assign an ip the 124 clients still
>don't get to the internet.

If connectivity isn't there when you don't use DHCP, then DHCP isn't
your problem.

What happens if you traceroute (tracert on Windows IIRC) to some
arbitrary IP address ? Does it get past your external router or not ?

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...