Moving dhcp failover to another network

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Tue Jan 5 14:01:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

We're getting ready to separate our dhcp servers on our voice and data
networks.  Today, we have one set of servers serving both the data &
voice networks via separate interfaces, with failover running over the
voice network interface.  We will install a second set of servers to
only serve the voice network, a separate pair for each network.  The
first step will be to add the new servers to the voice network.  As a
prelude, we would like to change failover to operate over the data
network with the existing servers.  Our plan is to simply change the
addresses in the failover statement on each server & restart the
servers.  Would there be any problems doing this?  The old servers are
running v3.0.5.

Thanks.

	-John

--