R: R: DNS dynamic update with DHCPD 3.1.3

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Jan 7 14:45:51 UTC 2010

Hmm, I forget the order of updates, but it might try to do the update
to the in-addr.arpa zone before the localtrain zone. Do you have
entries for the in-addr.arpa zones in dhcpd.conf and named.conf?

You'll need to add logging to bind to get more information. All dhcpd
will get is a timeout because bind ignores the request.

regards,
-glenn

>Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:30:48 +0100
>From: "Autuori Gianluigi" <Autuori.Gianluigi.Wintime at ansaldobreda.it>
>
>in dhcpd.log i find this
>dhcpd: Unable to add forward map from OEM-HE9IZ08G3GB.localtrain to 10.10.1.21:
bad DNS key