IPv6 DDNS using dhcp-4.1.0p1

Brett Lee brettlee at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 02:52:01 UTC 2010

> > Not making sense yet.  Captured a little bit of info on why the daemon is
> > stopping.  Per the logging, a core file is created.  Seems to point here:
> >
> > void
> > isc_heap_decreased(isc_heap_t *heap, unsigned int index) {
> >         REQUIRE(index >= 1 && index <= heap->last);
> >         sink_down(heap, index, heap->array[index]);
> > }

Am thinking the daemon dumping core may be traced to the configuration.  The DHCPD/DNS server (and v6 router) has four interfaces with lots of v4/v6 addresses across the interfaces.  I did not have a "server-name" defined, but after setting a static address on an interface and putting that static address into "server-name" in dhcpd.conf the daemon stopped dumping core.

Am now able to see DDNSv6 happening (somewhat).  The first v6 address that is given to a remote host via DHCPD becomes associated (DDNS) with the hostname of the DHCPD/DNS server, both in the forward and reverse zones.  Have tried "allow|ignore|deny client-updates" without seeing the proper hostname/ip propagated via DDNS.

Anyone?  Thanks!  -Brett