help with dhcpv6 over pppv6 on linux

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Fri Jan 29 20:17:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 04:31:56PM -0800, Ums wrote:
> i want to run the dhcpv6 client on this interface
>
> but i get the following error
>
> can anyone help me?
>
> dhcpv6-1.2.0 # /usr/local/sbin/dhcp6c  -p /var/run/dhcpd6.pid -c /usr/local/etc/dhcp6c.conf  -I -f ppp0 -v

ISC DHCP does not include dhcp6c, and ISC does not release or maintain
a product called "dhcpv6-1.2.0".  In a spirit of wanting to promote
the open discussion of IPv6 related issues, I don't mind if you can
solve your issue here despite that no ISC software is installed at any
stage, but I want to make it clear that this is not a deficit of an
ISC DHCP 4 product you're asking about.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.