DHCP server: no entry in dhcpd.leases when using host statements

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Fri Jan 29 20:33:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 03:12:52PM +0100, Daniel Manser wrote:
> My problem is that I have no information in the server leases file for
> such host entries. For dynamic configurations, DHCPD appends this info
> to the leases file:
>
> Is there a way to enable this for host entries?

No.  Host records are completely stateless.  The closest approximation
to what you're after are "reserved dynamic addresses", which are fully
stateful dynamic leases which have been reserved to be allocated only
to a client with a specific identity.  These were new in 3.1, and I
think they could still be said to be a fairly experimental feature.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.