resolving conflicts: dhcp service unavailable

Matt Causey matt.causey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 04:46:10 UTC 2010

I did some digging, and the problem is easily reproduced by placing
both boxen in partner-down, then throwing in a potential-conflict
state somewhere.  Both boxes then stop delivering addresses with the
resolving conflicts message.

I've upgraded in one of our sites, and it certainly does solve the
comms-interrupted reconnect bug.  We actually  have a resource
contention problem causing the pair to drop into comms-interrupted
every few hours and it seems to recover quickly.

Speaking of resource contention, do you guys have any tuning advice?
I'm working to shift some workload away from these servers, but the
servers are -not- heavily loaded and something is causing them to miss
heartbeats.  Is there some queue there that gets deprioritized when
the server is busy?

--
Matt