Ldap support is not working properly.

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Fri Jul 30 08:47:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 06:15:04PM +0400, Rogov Stepan wrote:
> When i run it:
> ./server/dhcpd -f eth1
> Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.2.0
> Copyright 2004-2010 Internet Systems Consortium.
> All rights reserved.
> For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
> Connecting to LDAP server office.mirror.ldap.xxx.yy:636
> LDAPS session successfully enabled to office.mirror.ldap.xxx.yy:636
> Successfully logged into LDAP server office.mirror.ldap.xxx.yy
> Found dhcpServer LDAP entry
> 'cn=lan.xxx.yy,ou=DHCP_Servers,ou=Services,dc=xxx,dc=yy'
> LDAP: Parsing dhcpServer options
> 'cn=lan.xxx.yy,ou=DHCP_Servers,ou=Services,dc=xxx,dc=yy' ...
> LDAP: Parsing dhcpService DN
> 'cn=Computers,ou=DHCP_Servers,ou=Services,dc=xxx,dc=yy' ...
> Wrote 0 leases to leases file.

With DEBUG_LDAP set, you should see a series of 'Sending config line'
logs here.

So something is going wrong with the config loader
("ldap_read_function()").

I know between 3.x and 4.x we've changed how config loading works
in some subtle ways, so it may be something unintended interfering.

I'd try using gdb to set a break on 'ldap_read_function' and see if
it ever calls in to start with;

    $ gdb dhcpd
    (gdb) break ldap_read_function
    (gdb) run

If it hits the breakpoint, you can try stepping it to see why the
config isn't making it back to the lexer.  If it doesn't hit the
breakpoint, you need to start further back (like in ldap_read_config
where the switch to the read function is made, 'break ldap.c:1470').

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.