.Re: dhcpv6 server and dhclient IA_PD support .

Patrik Lahti plahti at qnx.com
Wed Jun 2 20:27:36 UTC 2010

Not sure what you mean, but I think this is outside the scope of
dhclient and in the realm of possibilities driven from the script...

In your script you have a lot of options. You can e.g. have a separate
configuration file which tells the script (or an executable that it
launches) what to do with the prefix, e.g. which interface to assign it
to, or how to split it up into sub-prefixes (if it is shorter than
64bits) and assign sub-prefixes to interfaces.

After assigning the prefix to an interface, the script can either
configure and launch rtadvd, or it can configure and launch a DHCP
server for configuring clients on the subnet - by putting it in a DHCP
server's conf file as a range.

It can even sub-delegate the prefix, or parts of it, by putting it as a
prefix into the DHCP server's conf file... And/or you can consider relay
scenarios as well...

Possibilities abound...

PS. You'd want to make sure that, as far as possible, the client assigns
(or sub-delegates) the same prefix to the same interface in order to
avoid unnecessary renumbering...