Performance... no more than 150 leases per second?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 19:56:57 UTC 2010

Randall C Grimshaw wrote:
>Similarly, a range such as 192.168.3.2 192.168.4.253 still has the
>ability to deliver an address such as 192.168.3.255 or 192.168.4.0
>which drives client ip stacks insane.

There are still clients with that problem ? The mind boggles, but
then we have developers at work now having to come to terms with
there being browsers other than IE6 on Windows :-/

>It has been necessary to create a pool with several ranges that
>avoid these classic /24 network numbers despite the variable mask...
>though the definition of multiple pools as shown below was not
>necessary (nor encouraged)

That wasn't suggested for the .0 & .255 problem, it was suggested as
a way of improving efficiency  - I haven't been following the
details, but it seems there is a search which is done per-pool and so
by having multiple pools, it should improve search time as the search
is over a smaller set.

--
Simon Hobson