DHCP Logging

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Sat Jun 26 15:09:29 UTC 2010

I inherited a solution that works well.  I have a syslog server that
my dhcp server sends its log files to.  The data gets put in a mysql
database using an outdated opensource software called msyslog.  If a
mac address appears that hasnt been on the network before I get an
email from the server.  The entire thing is sort of complicated but
works well.  I could send you some info if you like.   I have to run
an older 2.4 kernel on my syslog server, but it still works well.

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator

-- Albert Einstein

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral
crisis, preserved their neutrality."
-- Dante