what is a suitable scope for isc dhcp?

Julie Xu xll40 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 03:28:42 UTC 2010

hi

could I get advice on how big dhcpd.conf file can be? the purpose is I want use dhcpd.conf to do authentication by using host xxx { hostware ethernet....}.

if I need list 30,000 host statement, is dhcpd will crash? or some perfermance isse? ( I mean using unix or linux box).

if possible isc dhcpd can work with database? or if possible can seperate host statements from dhcpd.conf file as an extended file?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

xll