recording host assignment leases in leases db

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Mon Mar 1 15:03:43 UTC 2010

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: recording host assignment leases in leases db
From: Reissom Beshir <Reissom_Beshir at Mitel.com>
To: Users of ISC DHCP <dhcp-users at lists.isc.org>
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:06:56 PM

>> I thought there was a config file option for this, but I wasn't able to
>> find it after a quick google search and a review of the man page.
>>
>> I would like for all leases on the server, including host reservations,
>> to be recorded in the leases db. By default, host assignments are not
>> recorded in the leases db. Can someone point me in the right direction?
>
> You can do a search on 'static lease logging' on dhcp-users archive
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/
>
> Here's one solution that was offered:
> https://lists.isc.org/mailman/htdig/dhcp-users/2008-November/007476.html

I have read this, and a few other dated comments. Unfortunately, the
solution linked doesn't have anything to do with the leases file - it
has to do with logging, and I am already logging in a manner suggested
in this solution.

I am using a tool which gives a realtime view of the leases db; Having
all leases logged would improve the functionality of this tool. Again, I
seem to remember a config option for this - perhaps I'm mistaken. Any
help in finding the correct option, assuming one exists, would be
appreciated.

--Blake