config help - scaling problem

Jerimiah Cole jcole at tbtc.net
Mon Mar 1 16:17:39 UTC 2010

Marc Perea wrote:
> My first question - should I, and maybe could I, be using sub-classes
> instead of classes? Would that help me any?

My config is the same.  This is the only way to do it with the current
stable releases.

The alpha 4.2.0 releases have new code to do this type of binding with a
host entry, which simplifies the config and fixes some other problems.
I'm not sure what impact this has on performance though.  I only have
1800 class/pool combos and my server starts in just a couple seconds.  I
haven't measured it, but there's no difference to my eyballs using the
host based config.

One of the developers suggested there might be an improvement in match
performance, but also hasn't measured it.  It may be worth looking at in
your environment.

Jerimiah