Option 82 & limit lease 1

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Wed Mar 10 00:45:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 12:12:10PM -0500, Terry Shipclark wrote:
> > If you don't require to maintain state on the assigned leases, the
> > best thing, as was suggested, is the new host record "option matching"
> > semantic in 4.2.0.
>
> Now as I am new to the list I am not sure when this version is proposed to
> be stable, however I believe this is exactly the type of functionality I am
> looking to implement, as we will be limiting mac learning on the layer 2
> switch to 1, and not allowing anything questionable.

I haven't gotten a lot of feedback one way or the other on 4.2, but
then we usually only hear when things go terribly wrong.  Silence is
usually a pretty good sign, so I'm pretty confident saying the code is
reaching beta quality.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.