option space

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 08:14:22 UTC 2010

Marc Thielemann wrote:

>What if you have a client that takes care of the option's order?

You contact the vendor and ask them to fix it ? There really is no
excuse for not accepting options in an arbitrary order, the code to
do it is trivial and well implemented in all sorts of places.

The biggest problem I think you're likely to face is a vendor that
assumes a closed system - where the client works with **their**
server so if it doesn't work with your then they'll assume it's your
server that's faulty, or it's your fault for not using their server.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it.
This is NOT the same thing as the printer drivers to load on the
computer - there's no problem there.
If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful -
requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...