[SPAM] How to set Option52

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Mar 24 13:49:53 UTC 2010

On 03/25/10 00:38, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
> 朱文佳 wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I want to make the dhcpd server to send pakcets with option52.
>> How can I configure with this?
>
> Here's an example from a configuration file here.
> Option 52 isn't one of the ones we need, so our list
> doesn't include it.
>
> option dhcp-parameter-request-list 1,3,6,15,42,66,150;
>
> We use this approach in a 'host { ... }; ' declaration
> for a very small number of units, matching the list to
> what we know are the requirements of the unit.
>
> Using this option globally will probably over-ride the
> list specified by the client (if any), and may therefore
> cause problems. Scripting an action for appending an
> option to the list presented by the client is something
> I'm not currently familiar with.
>
> Best regards,
> Niall O'Reilly

Seems to be the night for ugly hacks :0)

52 decimal is 34 in hex, so

option dhcp-parameter-request-list = concat (option
dhcp-parameter-request-list, 34);

option 52 is dhcp-option-overload, which is normally sent automatically
by the server when it uses the space available for the fname or sname as
extra option space. You shouldn't need to add that yourself, but hte
procedure above will work for any option.

-glenn