Inconsistent dhcp leases files with multiple interfaces in dhclient.conf

Boolet boolet.listes at free.fr
Thu Mar 25 14:48:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have two ethernet interfaces eth0 and eth1 on two different networks
(with DHCP server on each).

I'd like to not take into account the DNS indicated by the DHCP server
behind eth1 network, in order to not erase the /etc/resolv.conf file. To
do this, I separated my network interfaces in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
with the declaration 'interface "name" {}' and remove the 'request
domain-name-servers' declaration in eth1 configuration.

It works: The two network interfaces are well separated and have their
own configuration.

But the two leases files /var/lib/dhcp3/dhclient.ethX.leases are
inconsistent because they contains both eth0 and eth1 leases !

Is this normal ? I am wrong somewhere ?

Used distribution: Ubuntu 9.10
used package: dhcp3-client 3.1.2

Thanks,