dhcp does not an nsupdate

Markus Feldmann feldmann_markus at gmx.de
Tue Mar 30 15:17:53 UTC 2010

Hi All,

i am trying to get my local Server (DDNS, DNS,DHCP ...) to work. I am
not sure whether my DHCP-Server is right configured. My Server and my
client are both Debian Lenny Systems. DNS and DHCP work, bubt not DDNS.
I still can do a manually nsupdate in a console. My DHCP-Server does not
a nsupdate. That is what i want. My client request a new IP and my
DHCP-server do a update by communicate with the DNS-Server automatically.

Here are some of my config-files:
/var/log/daemon.log
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/34442

/etc/bind/db.feldland.lan
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/34443

/etc/bind/db.192.168.0
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/34444

/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/34445

/etc/bind/named.conf
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/34451

as you can see in my daemon.log, i did 2 requests for a new IP for my
client but my reverse- and forward-zones would not be updated.

Any idea? Is my dhcpd.conf correct?

regards Markus