Unable to add IPv6 option to dhcp config file

ShashidharReddy Polepalli-JDXW34 shashidhar at motorola.com
Fri May 7 06:21:07 UTC 2010

Hi Glenn,
Excerpt from the dhcpd man page under "DEFINING NEW OPTIONS"
       ARRAYS

       Options  can  contain  arrays  of any of the above types except
for the
       text and data string types, which aren't currently supported in
arrays.
       An example of an array definition is as follows:

       option kerberos-servers code 200 = array of ip-address;
       option kerberos-servers 10.20.10.1, 10.20.11.1;

I have added the option as below in red to an already existing
dhcpd.conf file.

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
default-lease-time 86400;
max-lease-time 86400;
range 192.168.1.64 192.168.1.253;
option routers 192.168.1.254;
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.254;
option domain-name "domain_not_set.invalid";
option OPTION_6RD code 201 = array of integer 8;
Option OPTION_6RD
201,24,28,64,192,168,1,100,32,01,18,52,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;
}

Below is the error I get
/etc/dhcpd.conf line 8: option definitions may not be scoped.
option OPTION_RD code
^
/etc/dhcpd.conf line 9: unknown option dhcp.OPTION_RD
option OPTION_RD 200,
^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

FYI : Link for the draft RFC which has a mention of OPTION_6RD option
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-ipv6-6rd-01
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-ipv6-6rd-01>

Regards,
Shashi