DHCP Lease Time - 150s

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed May 26 15:43:29 UTC 2010

Hi ROb

What is mclt set to in the primary failover configuration?

mclt is used as an initial lease time to offer clients in a failover
configuration. If the client accepts the lease then the server transfers
this information to the partner and offers the requested lease time the
next time the client renews.

150 is probably a bit low, so something like in the range 5 to 30
minutes might be better, although setting this to the best value is a
bit of a black art.

regards,
-glenn