gprof profiling of dhcpd

Christian Hammers chammers at netcologne.de
Mon May 31 13:12:43 UTC 2010

Hello

I'm trying to get a gmon.out from dhcpd but it seems only to get written if the
daemon terminates itself, e.g. if I start if with --help.

Has anybody an idea how to get the daemon to exit cleanly with exit() once it
is running? I've tried killing it with -PROF, -TERM and -HUP but had no success.
Also LD_PRELOADing obscure gprof_helper.c that I found on the Net did not help.

bye,

-christian-

--
NETCOLOGNE Gesellschaft für Telekommunikation mbH
Am Coloneum 9 | 50829 Köln

www.netcologne.de

Geschäftsführer:
Werner Hanf