Failover Configuration

Nathan McDavit-Van Fleet nmcdavit at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Nov 9 20:40:03 UTC 2010

Okay, I assigned them both to port 647 and did a tcpdump.

It appears as if the primary is successfully contacting the secondary. About
once a second I see traffic from the primary going to the secondary. If I
tcpdump on the secondary it shows that it's receiving the packet.

Is this sane? Should the secondary be doing anything?

How does this affect the actual startup of the service?

Also, I realized I wasn't denying bootp requests. Does this affect the
startup of the server?

Thanks,

Nathan Van Fleet
Telecommunications Analyst