dhcpv6 clients

Eric Kollmann xnih13 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:59:46 UTC 2010

I'm working on creating a new dhcpv6 fingerprinting module for my
program and working on a research paper on it.  In so doing have
noticed that while there are a lot of OS's doing ipv6, there are not
that many that appear to come, by default, with a dhcpv6 client.

Some dhcpv6 clients that I know of for sure:
Windows 7, 2008, 2008r2
Dibbler
ISC

The linux systems I've played with so far (and just in passing) appear
to be doing self assigned ipv6 and none so far have had an actually
dhcpv6 client auto installed.

Does anyone have any known linux builds doing their own dhcpv6 client
or know of any that are have a dhcpv6 client built in for a default
build?  It could be the different ones I've played with are just
older.

I'm also looking for any other devices out there that are doing dhcpv6
(clients or servers) that people are aware of.

Thanks

Eric