Assigning leases based on option 82

Jeremy Falling jfalling at g4.net
Tue Nov 23 15:01:34 UTC 2010

We currently assign both static and dynamic leases based on the remote-id
sent to us by our DSLAMS.
Our problem is when a customer changes the equipment that is getting the
lease, DHCP will not reissue the lease due to the MAC address changing.
This causes us to desire DHCP to issue and track leases by the remote-id
instead of the MAC address.

I have seen this question asked many times through out various mailing
lists and forums but never found a reasonable answer.

Regards,

Jeremy