Issues with next-server & filename

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:11:06 UTC 2010

Hi Niall,

Thanks for responding. I hadn't actually considered that before, but
upon checking, yes, they are identical with the exception of the MAC
addresses and UUID/GID values. Interesting thought, though.

--Matt

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Niall O'Reilly <Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie> wrote:
> On 30/11/10 21:21, Matt Simmons wrote:
>> After capturing the packet stream, I have determined that the only
>> difference in the DHCP OFFER packet is that the working machine
>> specifies the "Next server IP address" and "Boot file name", while the
>> broken one does not.
>
>        Do you see any significant difference in the DHCPDISCOVER?
>
>        /Niall

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.