dhclient: "no expiry time on offered lease" with null address lease time

Karl Beldan karl.beldan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 19:36:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:25 PM, David W. Hankins <dhankins at isc.org> wrote:
> Our next round of maintenance will address issues surrounding
> ridiculously low lease times in the client, since there has been
Good, though I would certainly not consider a null time the same.

> a rash of this lately, but this;
>
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:17:20PM +0200, Karl Beldan wrote:
>> +             if (ds.len > 3) {
>> +                     expiry = getULong (ds.data);
>> +                     if (expiry == 0)
>> +                             expiry = TIME_MAX;
>
> is simply not acceptable.

Agreed, note this is ~the way dhcpcd behaves.
The intent was to google-counter your mail
(http://osdir.com/ml/network.dhcp.isc.dhcp-client/2005-08/msg00007.html)
in which you do not question the ISC dhcp client, and show precisely
were the error lies with a quick diff.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

--
Karl