Performance issue ( maybe )

Bjarne Blichfeldt bjb at jndata.dk
Tue Sep 7 08:46:28 UTC 2010

Thanks, I have now read that paragraph quite a lot, not the easiest thing to grap. :-)

What about min-balance ? I would have thought that was the important one.
min-balance seconds : don't balance anything until this many seconds have passed
max-balance seconds : at least balance after this many seconds.
Or did I get that wrong ?

> > Not so far fetched, see my previous mail. We had a lot of failover
> > timeouts, starting the afternoon before.
> > Then it just went south from there.
>
> Do you have some kind of monitoring-process in place which would restart dhcpd
> after a crash?
No, I have never seen dhcpd crash before.

Regards,
Bjarne