Ignore default gateway (dhclient)

Manuel Argüelles manuel.arguelles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:05:59 UTC 2011

Hello Patrik,

Where can I find this file? I have an ubuntu LTS 10.04 server (and to be honest
it is my first time working with this distribution.

The file that I tried to modify was: /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

I added something like this:
interface "eth1" {
    request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, interface-mtu;
}

Do you mean: /sbin/dhclient-script ? if so, then I should be able to use
$interface variable to ignore the dns and route stuff, right?

Regards

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:30:10PM -0400, Patrik Lahti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can modify the dhclient-script to ignore any parameters.
>
> Good luck!
> /P
>
> On 04/20/2011 07:10 PM, Manuel Argüelles wrote:
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >Is it possible for dhclient to ignore the default gateway? I tried using
> >"supersede routers" but it requires a valid ip address of host.
> >
> >I also tried requesting everything but routers but still I get it all.
> >
> >The problem is that I have two interfaces, they both get the ip from dhcp
> >servers (and I can't change that), so I end up having two default
> >gateways on
> >the system. Is there any way to ignore the default gateway and dns
> >of one of the
> >two interfaces?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >--