DCHP host entry with 2 IP's ?

Barry Stear bstear at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:15:30 UTC 2011

> subnet  x.y.10.10   netmask 255.255.255.0 {
> option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
> option routers x.y.10.1;
> max-lease-time 600;
> default-lease-time 600;
> }
>
> subnet x.y.20.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
> option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
> option routers x.y.20.1;
> max-lease-time 600;
> default-lease-time 600;
> }
>
> host  myhost1     { hardware ethernet 00:1C:23:EE:C1:8E;  fixed-address
> x.y.10.10,  x.y.20.10;}
>

> How can I ensure that requests from subnet 10 get the x.y.10.10  address,
> and requests from subnet 20 get the x.y.20.10  address?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

If you want to assign it a fixed address in each subnet then you need to
specify the host within the subnet not outside it. If you don't care what IP
address it gets take out the fixed-address and just have

host  myhost1     { hardware ethernet 00:1C:23:EE:C1:8E;}

The server should then assign it an ip address based on which subnet it is
in.

It would also help to see the rest of your configuration since I do not see
you specifying a range for the ip addresses you want to Lease out or a pool
statement.