DCHP 4.2.1-P1 performance tunning

Joe Shen sj_hznm at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Aug 12 02:55:43 UTC 2011

hi,

we use dhcpd to serve about 18000 customers.

in last month , we noticed isc-dhcpd-4.1.1-P1  daemon may quit without any indication. As there are security alert about this version we upgrade to isc-dhcpd-4.2.1-P1.

After upgradation, the process seems running normally but from BRAS there shows dhcp server timeout frequently. this makes our customer complaints on not able to get IP address.

Is there any hint on performance of 4.2.1-P1?  how could we improve performance of isc-dhcpd ?

joe