DHCPv6/PPP patch

Shawn Routhier sar at isc.org
Tue Aug 30 13:14:58 UTC 2011

On 08/24/2011 19:03, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 06:53:53AM -0700, Shawn Routhier wrote:
>> We received the patch and it is in our ticket list.
>> As we are resource constrained and have felt that
>> other tickets had higher priority we haven't worked
>> on it yet.
>
> We have a handful of bug reports and potential patches lost in the queue
> as well. Just as some friendly feedback :), it would really be nice to
> have an exposed bugzilla or other bug tracker, both to keep tabs on our
> submissions and to see if anybody else has already reported a bug we're
> seeing...

We are currently rewriting Bind in the Bind10 project and
are starting a sub-project to rewrite DHCP.  This project
is a good deal more open in these areas and we plan to continue
that openness.

Our current (lack of) openness in the code and the bug list
is somewhat historical.  It is our intention to move a moderated
open bug system in the future but this probably won't include
the historical record.

Shawn Routhier
ISC