how to test the scalibity and stabilty of ISC DHCP???

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 23:50:49 UTC 2011

I have a similar, but slightly more detailed, question.

How can I calculate how much memory a DHCP server will require, based on the number of addresses and also on the number of failover relationships? I have a client who wants to use several dozen failover relationships (hub and spoke, ~30 spokes) supporting around 35K leases, on a budget box (1 GB memory, small-ish hard drive, 1000 Mbit network).

Does anyone think that will work? Or that it won't work? I'm inclined to think he needs a bigger box as the hub, but I don't have any data to back that up.

Regards,
Chris