ignore hosts

Anthony R Fletcher arif at mail.nih.gov
Sat Dec 10 15:37:46 UTC 2011

On 10 Dec 2011 at 03:31:15, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Ahh, try this :
>
> subnet 10.11.12.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
> {
>     option routers 10.11.12.1;
>     option broadcast-address 10.11.12.255;
>     option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
>     pool {
>       range 10.11.12.2 10.11.12.254 ;
>       ignore booting ;
>     }
> }
>
> The unknown leases messages will be because the server isn't
> configured to offer that address. By adding a range statement in a
> pool, all the addresses will now be available for lease and hence not
> unknown leases. The "ignore booting" will avoid them being handed out
> to clients.

That works perfectly. Thank you.

Also only one address is needed in the pool, which can be anything as
it's never given out. Moreover, we can selectively ignore certain MAC
address with the configuration:

#---------------------------------------
class "blocked" {
 match pick-first-value (option dhcp-client-identifier, hardware);
}
subclass "blocked" 1:00:33:44:cc:55:75;
subclass "blocked" 1:11:ff:bb:ca:ff:a8;

subnet 10.11.12.0 netmask 255.255.255.0