DHCP client daemon autostart for both v4 and v6

Mike Pugh mdpugh at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 28 01:24:58 UTC 2011

Thank you all.  Although more than one of these solutions may have worked,
this one seemed most likely to do so based on my own experience and, sure
enough, it worked on the first try!  I left changed rc.conf so that it pointed
to the new dhclient in the /usr/local/sbin directory and configured v4 in that
file and added the v6 configuration and call to dhclient to the rc.local as
Łukasz suggested.  I also needed the -nw flag to start the daemon even if
no IPv6 address was not immediately returned from the server.  So I thought
I'd give feedback and consider the issue solved.
Thanks again,
Michael Dean Pugh