Shutting down and restarting the dhcp server via omapi

Nils-Henner Krueger nhk at snhc-krueger.de
Thu Feb 24 14:41:07 UTC 2011

Am 24.02.2011 14:56, schrieb Jürgen Dietl:
> My main problem is that when I stop the dhcp server I always will get a
> "communication-interrupted". What I would like to have is a "partner-down".
>
> So do any of you have a script or an idea how I can make the server to
> make a graceful shutdown of dhcp service?

'man dhcpd' of version 4.11 says "To shut the server down, open its
control object and set the state attribute to 2."

I do it like this in a start/stop-Script:

${PRODPATH}/bin/omshell << END
server localhost
port xxxx
connect
new control
open
set state=2
update
END

This works fine, logging on the shutdown server:

dhcpd: failover peer ha: I move from normal to shutdown
dhcpd: failover peer ha: peer moves from normal to partner-down
dhcpd: failover peer ha: I move from shutdown to recover

Logging on the partner cluster member:

dhcpd: failover peer ha: peer moves from normal to shutdown
dhcpd: failover peer ha: I move from normal to partner-down
dhcpd: peer ha: disconnected

nils-henner