Deny bootp vs deny dynamic bootp clients

Tim Maestas tmaestas95 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:18:03 UTC 2011

In DHCP version 3.1.3 where DHCP failover is in use, what is the
proper way to ignore all BOOTP requests on a subnet?  Is putting "deny
bootp;" in the subnet declaration sufficient?  Or do I need to "deny
dynamic bootp clients;" in the pool declaration as the dhcpd.conf
manpage suggests?  I've seen conflicting posts on the web concerning
whether that requirement is still valid post-3.0.  If this is still
required do I need to put it in the pool, or can I put it in the
subnet?

Thanks.
-Tim