dhcpd.log file not rolling

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Jan 14 03:23:24 UTC 2011

That's right. dhcpd talks to (r)syslog, so no need to restart dhcpd -
need to refresh (r)syslog so that it talks to the new log file.

Have a look at the file that does the rotations for messages, named,
etc, and add the appropriate syslog command there. Maybe something like
"pkill -HUP rsyslog" since restarting syslog will interrupt logging
briefly for all services.

By (r)syslog, I mean rsyslog or syslog as appropriate for your OS, not
just RH6.

regards,
-glenn