DHCP removal...

Siegenthaler Tina tina at ieu.uzh.ch
Tue Jul 19 14:37:47 UTC 2011

> I tried to install DHCP on OSX, but got a bunch of errors.
>
> I didn't see an uninstall file.  I would like to start totally fresh, but not sure where everything went.
>
> Is there an uninstall script or can someone provide the paths where things are put?
>
> Jeff

Hi Jeff

Which version (of dhcpd and OS X)? What were the errors? I have dhcpd running on Mac OS X 10.6, but there were some modifications I had to make so it would compile...

For me (OS X 10.6 and dhcpd 4.1.0), the three main dhcpd files (dhclient, dhcpd and dhcprelay) get installed in /usr/local/sbin. Then there are of course the manpages, but those should not be important to uninstall. I'm not sure if there are more files somewhere, I'm afraid.

Tina