DHCP removal...

Siegenthaler Tina tina at ieu.uzh.ch
Wed Jul 20 08:21:31 UTC 2011

I had to add the string "%s" (including the quotation marks) to several lines of several files of the source code. Seems (or seemed, since this was version 4.1.0) to be a problem when using gcc > 4.0.1.

For example, in
common/print.c, lines 311 and 335
I changed
log_info(some_text) to log_info("%s", some_text)

Same for

client/dhclient.c	lines 382, 383, 384; 648, 649, 650
relay/dhcrelay.c	lines 403, 404, 405
server/dhcpd.c	lines 469, 470, 471; 1024, 1025; 1063, 1064, 1065; 1172, 1173

But I don't know if this still applies to version 4.2.0, and if so, whether the line numbers remained the same.

Apart from that, I never had any problems compiling or running dhcpd on Mac OS X, and I started with version 3.x on 10.4.
What errors did you get and when? I always got some error messages, but as long as it would finish compiling, it would also run...

Hope this helps,

Tina