global config to force phone to use private subnet in shared-network enviroment?

Sue True bloomingtonian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:56:15 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I've been trying to get this work with no luck, so I'll ask the list to
see if it's possible.

In our config, we usually have two subnets in a shared-network, one is
private(10.10.x.x) used for phones, the other is public, right now we have
class defined for phone, and config 'allow/deny member' to each
private/public subnet so phones pickup address from 10.10 network only.

Since we have hundreds of networks and I wonder if there is a way achieve
the above using global option, I've tried

if binary-to-ascii(10,8,".",substring(leased-address,0,2)) = "10.10" {
     allow members of "i2004-clients";
}else{
     deny members of "i2004-clients";
}

But got error:
/etc/dhcpd/dhcpd.conf line 147: expecting allow/deny key
     deny members

Thanks in advance..
Sue