dhclient action on end leasetime

Michel Boaventura michel.boaventura at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:13:36 UTC 2011

Hello Simon, thank you for the reply.

Here is my dhclient.conf content (its the default from ubuntu 10.04.2,
version 3.1.3):

option rfc3442-classless-static-routes code 121 = array of unsigned integer 8;

send host-name "<hostname>";
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
	domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
	netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu,
	rfc3442-classless-static-routes, ntp-servers;

And here is my dhcp.conf from the server (version 4.1.1.P1 from debian stable)

option domain-name xxx;
option domain-name-servers yyy;
use-host-decl-names on;
option routers zzz;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.128;
default-lease-time 3600;
max-lease-time 7200;
ddns-update-style ad-hoc;
option systemimager-server code 140 = text;
option systemimager-server zzz;

ddns-update-style none;
ignore client-updates;
allow bootp;
allow booting;
class "pxeclients" {
        match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier,0,9)="PXEClient";
        # Servidor de PXE
        next-server www;
        server-name "brontes";
        filename "pxelinux.0";