DISCOVER at wrong port

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Wed Jun 8 11:40:46 UTC 2011

> Thank you so much for the reply.  I have checked the configuration on the /etc/services and it is same as you have given.
>
> My problem is that DHCP server is always replying on the 67 port which against the protocol. I am not able to find a clue why this is happening?

You haven't clarified your problem. Are you saying that the DHCP server
is sending the replies to destination port 67 even though the requests
were received from source port 68? Is this with ISC DHCP?

If that is the case I would suspect some sort of local modification,
since this is *not* the normal behavior of ISC DHCP.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no