malformed option vendor.<unknown>

Jon Otterholm jon.otterholm at ide.resurscentrum.se
Wed Jun 15 12:36:07 UTC 2011

Hi.

I´m getting l my logs filled with the following message:

dhcpd: parse_option_buffer: malformed option vendor.<unknown> (code 808464948): option length exceeds option buffer length.

My understanding of this is that the client are sending Vendor-id in a format not acceptable by dhcpd. Can dhcpd be configured to discard this option (option 43?) from the client? I have no use of option 43 in my setup.

Using isc-dhcp31-server-3.1.3_1 on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE

Any pointers appreciated.

//JO