DHCPv6 Server - how to created suboption under Option 17 ?

Ching-Ho Cheng lcc014 at motorola.com
Thu Jun 30 00:36:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

We are trying to register MTA using IPv4 within cable modem in IPv6 mode.
Cable modem came up in IPv6 mode without any problem, however, I don't know
the syntax in dhcpd6.conf to create the Packet cable sub-option under the
Vendor specific option (17).  The packet cable sub-option is:

vendor_specific_opt (17) --> packet_cable_client_configuration
(CL_OPTION_CCC: 2170) --> primary_IPv4_server_address (1)

I have the syntax for different options under option 17 but don't know the
correct syntax create the sub-option 2170.

Thanks,

--
Ching-Ho Cheng
*Network Infrastructure Solutions*