Multi IP assign for single MAC-Urgent

arun.sasi1 at wipro.com arun.sasi1 at wipro.com
Mon Mar 14 14:46:53 UTC 2011

Dear Brad,

I have implemented the below please check was this correct configuration
.... Some times this is not working....

subnet XXX.XXX.39.128 netmask 255.255.255.128 {
        ddns-updates on;
class "ras-clients" {
        match if substring (option dhcp-client-identifier, 1, 4) =
"RAS";
ignore booting ;
}
        ddns-domainname "emb.slb.com";
        server-name "xxxxembinf01";
        max-lease-time 86400;
        default-lease-time 86400;
        option routers XXX.XXX.39.254;
        option netbios-name-servers XXX.XXX.243.102;
        option domain-name-servers XXX.XXX.243.100 , XXX.XXX.243.69 ,
134.32.44.38;
        # server-name "xxxxembinf01";
        authoritative;
        # ddns-domainname "emb.slb.com";
        pool {
                ddns-updates on;
                ddns-domainname "emb.slb.com";
                range dynamic-bootp XXX.XXX.39.130 XXX.XXX.39.153;
                range dynamic-bootp XXX.XXX.39.154 XXX.XXX.39.167;
                range dynamic-bootp XXX.XXX.39.168 XXX.XXX.39.174;
                range dynamic-bootp XXX.XXX.39.175 XXX.XXX.39.177;
                range dynamic-bootp XXX.XXX.39.178 XXX.XXX.39.187;
                range dynamic-bootp XXX.XXX.39.190 XXX.XXX.39.248;

Thanks
-Arun