NetComm modems/routers reject unrecognised leases in a way that confuses 'dhclient'

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:09:08 UTC 2011

I'll start by thanking Simon for his brutally honest opinion.  I directed
NetComm to his post, but they still weren't keen to fix the problem.
Instead of having to go and buy an axe from the hardware store, I'm still
hoping that 'dhclient' can be patched to work-around this issue.

Before Simon tries to chop my head off for reiterating this request, I'll
point out that the maintainer of 'dhcpcd' has
agreed<http://roy.marples.name/archives/dhcpcd-discuss/2011/0313.html>to
patch his software.  Since 'dhclient' seems to work slightly better
with
my router, it'd be good if its maintainer is willing to implement a similar
workaround.